Have you been injured in a Baytown, Pasadena, or Pearland in an 18-wheeler truck wreck? Call us to speak with the top-rated Pasadena, Pearland, or Baytown 18 Wheeler trucking accident lawyer.
The commercial vehicle traffic in industrialized areas like Baytown, Pasadena, Texas, and Pearland leads to the number of 18-wheeler crashes where people are seriously injured and killed.
Every year, innocent motorists are victimized by 80,000-pound vehicles, often driven by professional drivers who do not follow the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations, resulting in an unnecessary truck wreck.
The Trucking Company and its Insurance Company Start with the Advantage after an Accident!
By federal law and the law in Texas, trucking companies (known as “motor carriers”) must keep minimum commercial liability insurance substantially higher than the minimum coverage for passenger cars or pickup trucks.
Because insurance carriers for trucking companies have higher exposure, they tend to be much more aggressive in handling a claim stemming from an 18-wheeler crash. Many employ investigators and expert witnesses who are dispatched to the crash scene very quickly after the insurance company is notified of the accident.
By getting on a claim early, the insurance company and the trucking company have an advantage in locating witnesses and finding the most favorable evidence to help defend the claim.
The investigators will often interview officers, witnesses, and others with the intention of helping their case. Other times, the insurance company will order surveillance of the injured party, usually by video.
One trick that has been utilized more often recently by defense interests after a truck crash is to seek to put the tractor-trailer back on the road and in service as quickly as possible.
If they are successful, this strategy can prevent the victim from obtaining important and necessary evidence regarding the vehicle’s condition and the computer data or black box information, which often shows the speed of the 18-wheeler and when and if the brakes were applied.
Also, a careful review of the driver is needed after an accident. Negligent hiring is more prevalent than ever with the truck driver shortage.
Free Case Review
Hiring an 18-wheeler accident lawyer as soon as possible after a crash is important to help preserve critical evidence.
Nevertheless, victims of truck accidents should do their due diligence in selecting the appropriate lawyer for their case before retaining anyone. Don’t just hire a Houston car accident lawyer or a Baytown car accident attorney. Get an experienced Texas truck accident lawyer for your case.
Some considerations when hiring a Baytown, Pasadena, or Pearland, Texas 18-wheeler trucking accident lawyer:
- Does the lawyer have a law practice that is primarily 18-wheeler accidents?
- What are the results achieved in truck accident cases? Disregard results in other types of cases and focus on your type of case when selecting the appropriate attorney.
- How long has the attorney practiced law? You do not want someone learning on the job in your case.
- How does Martindale.com or lawyers.com rate the attorney? These services are peer-reviewed and not based upon monetary consideration to the rating agency.
- What do former clients say?
- When you call, can you speak with the attorney you thought you were hiring when you signed up with the firm? Many people meet with the attorney they think they are hiring only to find out that an associate attorney and/or even a paralegal handle their case.
- Hiring an attorney with great results is meaningless if that attorney does not actually do the work on your case. Don’t be a number on a file – insist on the personal service you deserve.
- Talking with a Baytown car accident lawyer with extensive experience with trucking accidents is recommended.
In the most serious injury cases and in the vast majority of wrongful death cases stemming from an 18-wheeler accident, litigation is the rule rather than the exception.
Therefore, you must be comfortable with the attorney you choose to handle your case. We often say that getting into a lawsuit is like getting onto a train, and it is important that you are comfortable with those you are traveling with. Finding comfort with the 18-wheeler accident attorney you choose is probably the most important part of how you view your journey.
Consider interviewing several different truck accident lawyers to find the attorney that you are most comfortable with in handling your case.
Call a Top-Rated Trucking Accident Lawyer for Help!
Call the Baytown, Pasadena, TX, and Pearland 18 Wheeler trucking accident lawyer and put our team on your side.